IP C.M. Lamp Operation FAQ
Dimmer load capability
Why BLTC dimmable lamps cannot work properly with dimmers ? (Notice & reminder of DIMMABLE lamps)
* It is normal to have small noises when dimming.
* Please adjust the dimmer to a steady status if LED bulb is blinking.
* Due to different types of dimmers using, there will also have different power consumption, intensity and dimming effect when dimmer is set to be under 10%.
* Light emission/power consumption will be varied even all of bulbs used with a dimmer.
( when the light is close to go out, the state will be more obvious.)
* Please turn off the power switch instead of just tuning the dimmer to the lowest level.
* It may have no light emission when the dimmer is set at a lowest level. In this case,please just tune the dimmer to be 100% then turn on the bulb again.
* There could be blinking, shut down or different intensity due to voltage reduced suddenly, such as power shutdown, using hair dryer or microwave.
* Lamps could be not compatible with following kinds of dimmers. Sensor dimmers Stepping dimmers Remote control dimmers Dimmers with memory function--to re-show the
light scene with even just a button.
What is the life of BLTC lamps ?
LED lumen output depreciation is affected by a variety of environmental conditions such as air temperature around the fixture, humidity and ventilation. When used under optimal conditions, we can estimate the life of lamps via its Lamp-Case temperature with LED junction temperature and LED driver temperature.
Temperature Characteristic chart analysis of BLTC S TYPE 3X1.3W PAR16 is as below:
We can estimate the life of lamp via the temperature chart. For example, when Lamp-Case temperature is 90℃, the life of LED driver is 50000 hours, the life of LED luminous maintenance （L70） is 122300 hours. Thus, we can clearly understand that the minimum life of lamp is over 50000 hours, when the Lamp-Case temperature is 90℃
The life of LED driver is defined as that the LED driver can’t work.
The life of LED chip is defined by （L70）: Achieving LED life with 70% of initial full flux.
Due to different design of thermal solution and power consumption on each BLTC lamp,, different models will have different life time even in the same working environment. Please refer to related product datasheet for a correct lamp life evaluation.
What kinds of transformers are more compatible with BLTC 12V lamps ?
- Magnetic AC Transformer: The LED bulb is compatible with magnetic transformers used with 12V halogens but less efficient and short-life.
- DC Power Supply/Driver: We suggest to use 12V device due to highest efficiency and no compatible problem.
Why BLTC 12V Lamps cannot support Dimmable function ?
1. Magnetic Type AC12V transformers : Our 12V LAMP can work with about 80% of this kind of transformers in the market. If you can find this kind of transformers which is working well with our 12V LAMP lamp, you can connect normal dimmers with our 12V LAMP and it can be dimmed via this way. However, please kindly note the dimming performance can not be as perfect as Halogen it should be. ( There might be flicking, shadow, or risk to shorten the lamp or transformer's life )
2. Electronic Type AC12V transformers : Our 12V LAMP can work with about 50% of this kind of transformers in the market. On our datasheet, to avoid possible technical problem, we claim our lamp can not work with Electronics Type AC 12V transformers. If you can find this kind of transformers which is working well with our 12V LAMP lamp, you can connect normal dimmers with our 12V LAMP and it can be dimmed via this way. However, please kindly note the dimming performance can not be as perfect as Halogen it should be. ( There might be flicking, shadow, or risk to shorten the lamp or transformer's life )
3. DC 12V power supply : This kind of transformers can work 100% with our 12V LAMP. However, because this kind of transformer is constant voltage, dimmers have no function to this kind of device. If you use dimmers to work our 12V LAMP via DC power supply, it can not present dimming function.
What is the difference of V Series / M series / L series / P series from your product line ?
Professional lamps for commercial lighting applications and with advanced specifi cation, unique function or design for special lighting application.
Economical lamps for both residential and commercial lighting applications, high performance and low cost to meet big volume wholesaler.
LED light fixtures that are easy to install for both direct and indirect lighting application.
LED light drivers that are easy to install for lighting application.